Every year at Lily’s Luau, we share a video that tells the story of Lily’s Fund, the human impact of epilepsy, the importance of epilepsy research, and the roles we all play in supporting this effort.
Instead of telling just one story, we want to weave together many voices and multiple perspectives. That’s why we are excited to have your voice be part of this project!
Perhaps you live with epilepsy, or you’re the parent of a child with epilepsy. Maybe you work as an epilepsy researcher, nurse, physician. Perhaps you represent a generous corporate sponsor, or you are a caring volunteer. Or you have another special connection to Lily’s Fund.
If you’ve ever taken a selfie, or shot video with an iPhone, you have what it takes to be part of our video. Even if you don’t know how to do these things, you probably know a teenager who can help!
Step 1: Get Ready
- Get out your smartphone or get in front of a webcam
- Select a quiet setting with good lighting (avoid standing with your back against a window, or other light
- Make a test recording, and play it back. Can you hear your voice? Can you see your face?
Step 2: Record your Story
- Hold the smartphone HORIZONTAL!
- Smile. Relax. Speak from the heart.
- Take a do-over. If you make a mistake, just start over and we’ll edit that part out.
Step 3: Upload Your Video by Jan. 10, 2016
[call for video now CLOSED]
- Say and spell your name
- What’s your connection to epilepsy? Why does this topic matter to you?
- How and why are you involved with Lily’s Fund.
- Why is Lily’s Fund important to you? Why do you volunteer, give, or come to the luau?
- What does it feel like to have epilepsy (to have a loved one with epilepsy)? What does it feel like to be a part of Lily’s Fund?
- How has epilepsy affected your life? Or the life of someone you know?
- How do people in your company feel about being associated with this cause? Why do you do it? How is this different from other organizations you may be involved in?
- How does it make you feel to know that research is happening right here at UW-Madison that could improve the life of people with epilepsy?
- If you could describe Lily’s Fund in one word, what would it be? Why?
- Answer this question….If you could express in one word the one thing you want people to do, what would it be? Examples: Help. Give. Understand. Cure. Research. You decide.
Tilt Media and Lily’s Fund will be creating this video to show at Lily’s Luau 2016. We hope to use as many videos as possible but we may not be able to use all of them. If yours is selected, we may use snippets of your recording. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.